Tube settlers are also named lamella plate. Here I will tell you some about them.
The advantages of tube settlers can be applied to new or existing clarifiers/basins of any size:
· Clarifiers/basins equipped with tube settlers can operate at 2 to 4 times the normal rate of clarifiers/basins without tube settlers.
· It is possible to cut coagulant dosage by up to half while maintaining a lower influent turbidity to the treatment plant filters.
· Less filter backwashing equates to significant operating cost savings for both water and electricity.
· New installations using tube settlers can be designed smaller because of increased flow capability.
· Flow of existing water treatment plants can be increased through the addition of tube settlers.
· Tube settlers increase allowable flow capacity by expanding settling capacity and increasing the solids removal rate in settling tanks.