Tube settlers offer an inexpensive method of upgrading existing water treatment plant clarifiers and sedimentation basins to improve performance. Which also called lamella plate.
They can also reduce the tankage/footprint required in new installations or improve the performance of existing settling basins by reducing the solids loading on downstream filters.
Made of lightweight PVC, tube settlers can be easily supported with minimal structures that often incorporate the effluent trough supports.
They are available in a variety of module sizes and tube lengths to fit any tank geometry, with custom design and engineering offered by the manufacturer.
Here I will tell you the advantages of lamella plate as followings:
* Clarifiers/basins equipped with tube settlers can operate at 2 to 4 times the normal rate of clarifiers/basins without tube settlers.
* It is possible to cut coagulant dosage by up to half while maintaining a lower influent turbidity to the treatment plant filters.
* Less filter backwashing equates to significant operating cost savings for both water and electricity.
* New installations using tube settlers can be designed smaller because of increased flow capability.
* Flow of existing water treatment plants can be increased through the addition of tube settlers.
* Tube settlers increase allowable flow capacity by expanding settling capacity and increasing the solids removal rate in settling tanks.